Thursday, November 10, 2016

Babymouse, Oh Babymouse!


 
 

The 3rd graders did a quick unit on graphic novels.  We are lucky to have a large graphic novel section at the Intermediate building and I wanted students to know where to find them.  I created a Babymouse display over in the corner next to the graphic novels.  I showed the 3rd graders the Babymouse website and gave them a chance to explore and learn more about Babymouse.  We also spent 15 minutes doing a quiet read so that students could really get into the baby mouse books, and to be honest, every since then I can not keep the Babymouse books on the shelf.  Students learned about Babymouse's friend Wilson and her nemesis Felicia.  They also had a chance to create the words to a premade Babymouse cartoon that I found on the website.  So much FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment