Friday, February 26, 2016

Finding Winnie

I think I may have found my new favorite book.  In December I bought the book "Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World's Most Famous Bear" written by Lindsay Mattick.  I was so intrigued by the factual information in the book, I went online to find more information on the real Winnie.  There were many websites that shared facts from Winnie's life at the White River Train station, to Canada, to overseas and finally the London zoo.
Our fourth grade students need to practice their typing skills, so I thought this was a perfect chance for them to type up a paragraph sharing what they learned about Winnie.  The first day we read the book then wrote out facts that we wanted to include in our paper, the second day we spent the whole classtime typing.  Then the fourth graders found a picture to go with their paper, and on the final day they created a yellow portfolio with their work inside.  I was proud of what they were able to share, yet I wish we would have spent more time editing to make it more reader friendly.





No comments:

Post a Comment