Sunday, August 16, 2015

Read "Mo" Books

Read "Mo" Books
 I have decided to start the library year off with one of my favorite authors - Mo Willems.  Mo's books are perfect for the 2nd grade reader.  Students are able to read his books independently and they have just the right humor for a 7/8 year old.   So for the first visit of the year for both the 1st and 2nd graders I decided to share the book "We Are in a Book" by Mo Willems.  I partner read it with my aides. I read the Gerald (the elephant's part) and Michelle or Gloria read Piggie's part.  It was a blast.  The children truly enjoyed Mo's humor.  After the story, I partnered the students up with a Piggie and Elephant book and they spread out in the library to read together.  I also had a life size book that the students were able to get in and we took their picture.  It was a fun way to start the year.  My prediction is that even though I have close to 20 Elephant and Piggie books, they won't stay on the shelf long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment