Tuesday, November 6, 2012

READING FOR FUN

It has been quite awhile since I have spent time sharing what has been happening in the library, so  tonight I am going to try and catch up.  Students come to our library once every 3 days.  One time I have a library lesson planned for them and the next time they come is a check out day. I usually try to read them a picture book to go along with what we are studying, or sometimes just pick a book off the shelf just for fun.  There are so many good books, and so little time.  Kdg and 1st grade students check out 1 book.  2nd, 3rd and 4th may check out 2 books.  I am really trying to stress "RENEW" this year.  It seems like students want to keep their books indefinitely (Why am I complaining that they are keeping their books??).  Yet the longer they keep them, the more likely they are to get lost. So I am asking that they bring their books back to the library so I see them and can renew them for another 10 days.  After students check out their books they are invited to spread out in the library and enjoy some "quiet" reading time.  Here are a few photos of students I caught reading.  Way to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment